Coronavirus Business Operations
At Home Telecom, we remain committed to keeping all of you connected at all times throughout the Coronavirus pandemic; however, we want to be sure to keep you and our employees safe and healthy while doing so. With that in mind, we have made several changes to the way that we are doing business while the threat of contracting COVID-19 remains high.
If You Think You’ve Been Exposed to the Coronavirus...
- Please do not come to our office.
- Contact us immediately if you have a scheduled installation or repair appointment so we may reschedule your appointment.
Available Online Tools
We have several tools available to you to limit social interaction for your protection and the protection of our employees while continuing to provide the service you have come to expect.
- Online Chat – Visit HomeSC.com and click the gray and green bubble on the bottom right of your screen. Our representatives are available to promptly provide the service you need.
- Online Bill Pay – Visit HomeSC.com/ebill to view or pay your bill.
- Instant Info-Line – Call 888-746-4482 and select option 1 to check your balance or pay your bill over the phone.
- Web Self Care – Visit HomeSC.com/GO to upgrade your internet speed online if you are a current internet customer.
- Online Support Tools – Visit HomeSC.com/contact-us to send us an email or access a complete list of support tools.
- We are encouraging customers to call us prior to making a trip to one of our offices and ask if we can assist you over the phone at 888-746-4482.
- Beginning on 4/7/20, all of our location lobbies will be closed in an effort to further protect our employees and our patrons. If a trip to our office is necessary, we are asking all of our customers to use our drive-thru to help with ALL transactions, including picking up equipment, returning equipment, and making a payment. Calling ahead to our office will help ensure that we have your equipment ready for you when you are ready to pick it up.
- Home Telecom is dedicated to keeping our customers connected. In that spirit, we are operating as it were any other business day with added precautions. We are practicing social distancing in our offices and still answering the phones to answer questions and provide support. There is very little that our employees cannot handle for our customers over the phone or through our drive-thru services.
- If you are experiencing a trouble with any service, please contact 888-746-4482 or you can report a trouble here. Once you talk to one of our customer representatives, you will be asked a series of screening questions to determine if it is safe for our technician to enter your home if needed. If your answers depict a potentially unsafe environment for our employee, we will attempt to fix your issue remotely and without entering your home.
Visits From Our Technicians
- Once it is deemed necessary for a technician to visit your home to install a new service or repair your existing service, you will be asked another series of screening questions before the technician will enter your home. In an effort to reduce personal contact, we are asking all of our customers to reasonably limit contact to only 1 person in the household at the install or repair service call.
- All of our technicians are supplied with gloves, face masks, disinfecting wipes, and hand sanitizer for added protection. In addition to personal protective supplies, our technicians also have booties, safety glasses, and crawl space suits that can be used for added protection.
- If you are waiting for an installation of new services, please be patient as we are experiencing a large volume of internet orders for students and remote workers. Our technicians will be working extra hours to meet the demand.
Financial Hardship Assistance
Home Telecom knows the coronavirus outbreak may cause financial hardships. We are committed to not disconnect any residential or small business for non-payment at a time when communication services are more important than ever.
However, it is important for you to know that you still have the responsibility to pay your bill. Your unpaid balance is only being deferred, not forgiven. We urge you to keep paying on time if possible to avoid your balance due becoming so high it may be difficult to pay later. Once the State of Emergency is over, our standard disconnection policy will be reinstated.
Late payment penalties on overdue balances continue to apply. We are willing to waive late fees for those who have been financially impacted by the pandemic. To request a credit for any late fees you may incur, please complete the form at www.HomeSC.com/Covid19Help. If necessary, a Customer Relationship Specialist will contact you for more information.
Thank you for your business. We are here for you during this challenging time.