Everyone has a must-watch show that runs right up until the last minute cliff hanger, but what happens when your DVR doesn’t record those last few vital seconds? We understand that this is very frustrating, but luckily we have a solution for you!
What is causing this problem?
The most common issue that causes this problem is that the guide data and the media streams are not synced up to the exact same time, down to the second. This can be solved by following the steps below.
Another reason this may happen is that a live sporting event has gone over the allocated time slot. This will often result in your favorite show starting later than is planned. The only solution to this is to watch your show On Demand or with HomeTV2Go.
Can I fix the issue myself?
Yes, absolutely. In order to manually add a minute to your recordings to ensure that the entire program is recorded, please follow these simple steps:
- With your remote, click the MENU button, then the OK button when you see your DVR icon.
- Scroll down to SCHEDULE PRIORITY and click the right arrow button.
- Find the series you would like to extend and click OK.
- You’ll then need to select “Edit Series Recording”.
- You can then select the start time or end time you would like to extend (the default is set at 0 minutes) Click the OK button, then use the up and down arrows to add or subtract time to suit your needs for that program.
We at Home Telecom aim to offer the best customer service experience, so please let us know if you have any further issues.