It’s that time of year again - we’re decking the halls with holly, whipping up a batch of eggnog and rounding up the best 2021 apps.
Best 2021 AppsCheck out these best of 2021 apps:
- Angi (iOS, Android) - Formerly HomeAdvisor or Angie’s List, this is an excellent app for homeowners as it connects them with home services and local contractors, including electricians, landscapers and plumbers. View live ratings and reviews for professionals in your nearby area. Keep in mind that all quotes are free, but they do charge contractors for bids on projects.
- White Noise Lite (iOS, Android) - This new app could be a lifesaver for many users. It plays white noise and lets you drown outside sounds to get a good night’s sleep, which is becoming rare in today’s chaotic, anxiety-driven world.
- Stack (Android) - This app is fantastic for scanning documents. Simply point your Android at a document and snap a picture. Stack will do the rest by converting the image to a PDF, allowing you to sharpen the image and crop it. Since Stack is a Google app, it will automatically integrate with all your existing GSuite services.
- National Park Service (iOS, Android) - The new National Park Service app features information on more than 400 national parks, allowing you to reserve campsites, access maps and visitor guides. Additionally, you can use it offline, making it great for hikes in areas with little to no cellphone reception.
- Forest (iOS, Android) - While this isn’t a new app, it’s superb for today’s electronic-focused society that may need to limit the number of hours spent on Smartphone devices. Simply set the number of minutes you want to focus on a task without your phone, and a virtual tree begins growing on the screen. When the tree is done growing, you can once again use your phone. Earn coins and save them to plant real trees in Africa, courtesy of this app's partnership with the nonprofit group Trees for the Future.
- Aloe Bud (iOS) - While this app has been around for several years, it makes practicing self-care significantly easier. Set daily reminders to carve out time to move your body, grab a healthy snack, and stay hydrated.
- Carbon (iOS, Android) - The startup company Carbon Health has developed a streamlined app to quickly set up COVID-19 testings and obtain results, which makes this app perfect for frequent travelers.
Most Popular Apps of 2021
We’ve also put together a list of the most popular apps of 2021.
- Amazon (iOS, Android)
- Uber (iOS, Android)
- Instagram (iOS, Android)
- Youtube (iOS, Android)
- TikTok (iOS, Android)
- Airbnb (iOS, Android)
- WhatsApp (iOS, Android)
- Netflix (iOS, Android)
- Dropbox (iOS, Android)
- Spotify (iOS, Android)