Remote scheduling allows you to schedule new recordings and manage existing ones through your Smartphone or tablet while you are away from home.
How to use the YourTV App
We offer a step-by-step guide to help you learn how to use the YourTV App. Instructions may vary slightly depending on the type of device or model you are using.
- Download the free “YourTV” app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Complete the authorization screen by filling in the server address (https://yourtv.homesc.com), your User ID and password (your password is the last 4 digits of your Video Network number). For security purposes, your User ID will be provided by your installer on the “Quick Reference Guide” or you can call one of our Customer Service Representatives. For your convenience, you may also inquire about your User ID via any of our Social Media networks. It may ask for your password again.
- You can view what is playing live, On Demand, manage your recordings or you can search programs.
- If you want to schedule a recording remotely, select the “Live” tab. Select the program you want to record and a window will pop up. Select “Record.”
- The next screen will ask you if you want to record the current program or a series. If the program is not part of a series (i.e. – a movie), only the “current” option will be available for selection.
- Select the “Schedule” button. This confirms the program will record.
- Programs that are set to record appear in the live guide with a red recording icon.
- If you are recording remotely and a red exclamation point icon appears next to your STB1, you should reboot your system.
The On Demand screen shows you the type of programs available, such as free programs, kids shows, movies, short features, action movies, premium movies and much more. You can select a program and then it will offer you different options: Watch, Restart or Trailer. If an option is gray, it means it is not available.
To see your recordings, go to the “Scheduled” screen. To record multiple programs at one time, tap outside the gray box. Go to “Live” and you can record another program. You can view your programs and sort them by title, date, channel or device.
If you want to view a series recording, tap the arrow button next to the program and it will expand the folder to show all episodes.
Scheduled Recording Icons
If a program or series is scheduled, it can be in four different states or phases.
- This icon indicates that the scheduled recording is complete.
- This icon indicates the scheduled task is in the process of recording.
- This icon indicates a series is in the process of recording.
- This means the recording is canceled.
- The task is enabled through the green plus icon.
- This means there is a conflict. An example is that the programming is changed and is substituted with another program.
There are two ways to delete a recording.
- First, you can select the scheduled program in the “Live” view. You can then tap the
“Schedule” button and tap the red “X.” You will need to confirm the deletion.
Go to the recording screen that lists all recordings. Go to the recording and tap the trashcan icon. You will need to confirm the deletion.
Touch Screen Remote Control
Use the YourTV Remote Control application to control your TV. The great feature about this is you do not need line-of-sight in order to control your set top box.
- Tap the “Your Device” icon and the “Devices” dropdown box appears.
- Select the set top you’d like to control and the “Actions” menu appears.
- Tap “Use as Target Screen.”
- This makes the remote control icon available for use.
- Tap the remote control icon to bring up the onscreen remote control. This will feature volume buttons, page up, page down and navigation arrows.
- The dot in the middle allows you to tap once for an OK button or tap twice for a pause button.
- The color buttons correspond to the colors of your regular remote control buttons. For example, the red button on your remote control is a quick way to access your DVR Menu on your TV. If you select the red button while in the app, it will be the same on the touch screen remote control.
- The bottom two rows of icons feature mute, record, stop, view number keypad, back, menu, Electronic Programming Guide and exit.
Operating the Touch Screen Remote Control
The channel grid allows you to view current programming, upcoming programming and scroll backward to view past programming.
- Select desired device (see the above “Remote Control” section).
- Swipe up and down the screen until the desired program comes into view.
- Either tap the name of the current program or enter the number.
- Tap the “Search” icon from the bottom toolbar.
- Type either part of or the full title of the program.
- Then tap “Search.”
- Any programs that have partial or complete matches will appear. They will be sorted by “Your Recordings,” “On Demand” and “Live TV.”
If a personal recording is parentally restricted, you will view it as restricted content in the recordings. To access parental controls:
- Tap the upper left padlock in the screen to access parental controls.
- You will need to enter the master account password to unlock content.
- Select OK.
If you have any questions, please view our detailed video tutorials here or contact Home Telecom.