If you’re looking for adventurous activities this summer, look no further than Charleston!
Here’s a quick summary of some fabulous summer-time activities you won’t want to miss.
- 4th of July Blast at Patriots Point– Celebrate the Fourth of July on the USS Yorktown, located in Charleston Harbor at Patriots Point. This unique experience will give you a prime view of the fabulous fireworks show, while you experience the chills of being aboard this legendary military aircraft carrier that dates to 1943. To purchase tickets or obtain additional information, please visit the website.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (July 7)– Dress as your favorite Star Wars character, bring your Light Saber and join the crowds at Founder’s Hall for a delightful movie night!
- Hot Jersey Nights (July 7-8)– The music of The Four Seasons and Frankie Valli comes to life in this two night event that features the hit songs, “Sherry,” “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” “Rag Dolls,” “Walk Like a Man” and much more! To purchase tickets, visit the website.
- Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series (July 8)– This multipart swim, bike and run competition is in its 28th year at James Island County Park. Races will be held July 8 and 29 and the Championship event is set for August 12. If you would like to learn more or participate in this event, visit the website.
- Wild Blue Ropes Warrior Camp (July 9-13)– Kids can bring out their inner-American ninja in this ½ day camp that lasts one week. Enroll your kids in this challenging experience today.
- Paws on the Patio to Benefit Charleston Animal Society (July 12) – Bring your furry, four-legged BFF and enjoy an exclusive happy hour at Burtons Grill to benefit the Charleston Animal Society. Reservations are limited and we’re sure that Fido wants you to book early so he can get score some awesome seating on the patio.
- Charleston Margarita Festival (July 20)– Hosted by the Holy City in 2017, this fabulous festival is back to rock 2018! This sellout event will feature margarita samplers, including food, music and beer all on a picturesque waterfront setting at Brittlebank Park. Only those 21+ may attend. Purchase tickets in advance!
- Mini Mariners Kids Camp (Thursdays through August 23) - Located at the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina, children can gather to celebrate everyone’s birthdays on Thursdays! A fun-filled event because it’s always someone’s birthday, children can gather to play games, open presents, burst open a Pinata and eat cake. As an added bonus that is much appreciated by parents, dinner is served too! Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Twelfth Night (July 19-22)– Experience one of Shakespeare’s best-loved comedies that features Viola, Countess Olivia and Duke Orsino. This play has a short run time so act soon and book your tickets.
- 50th Annual Trusted Choice Big “I” National Championship (August 6-9) – Held at Daniel Island Club, this is the nation’s largest junior stroke-play golf tournament! Maybe you’ll see the future Miss or Mr. Tiger Woods in action! For more information visit the website.