With the holidays gearing up and the weather getting more and more pleasant outdoors, the city of Charleston and its surrounding areas is gearing up for festival fun and holiday delights. If you are looking for great food, exciting thrills, and family-friendly events, see below for more information on the November happenings in Charleston.
Family Fun At the Fair
- Coastal Carolina Fair - This yearly tradition has been running since 1957, offering everything from exhibits and entertainment to delicious fare and rides for the whole family. October 25th-November 4th, 2018, Admission is $12 for adults, $7 for children, ages 5 and under are FREE!
Fantastic Food for All
- Charleston Battery Food Truck Festival - Come out to MUSC Health Stadium to enjoy tasty beverages, over 25 local food trucks, and football on a 3,000 square foot jumbotron. November 4th, 11:00 am to 6:00 pm at MUSC Health Stadium. Admission is FREE!
- Shrimps and Grits Festival - Sample some of the best Shrimp ‘n’ Grits from local restaurants around the city while also enjoying a kids zone, cash bar, vendor village and live music. November 12th, 2018 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm at Joseph P. Riley Jr. Park. $20 advanced tickets, $25 at the gate.
- Isle of Palms Marina Festival - Put on your wetsuits for a great cause as you enjoy jet-skis, paddleboarding, kayaking and more all while helping to support our veterans at this awesome outdoor event. November 4th, 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the IOP Exchange Club. $20 registration for ages 10 and over, Veterans are FREE!
- The Scouting Experience - Experience what it’s like to live a day as a professional NBA scout in this intensive two-day training session. Only open to 25 participants and led by 14-year scout Pete Philo, this event is sure to fill up fast. November 16th and 17th, 2018 at the Charleston Classic Tournament. $499 limited to 25 participants.
Good Reads and Great Music
- Charleston to Charleston Literary Festival - Featuring an array of internationally renowned authors, playwrights, and journalists, this amazing event will have everything from captivating chats to elegant receptions each night where guests can mingle with the speakers and each other. November 8th-11th, 2018 at the Beau Arts Building of the Charleston Library Society. $300 for an all-lecture pass.
- The Sound of Charleston - From Gospel to Gershwin Holiday Specials - Come out to hear everything from jazz to gospel and classical music with this highly anticipated holiday concert that showcases the rich culture of Charleston. November 30th, and December 7th, 14th, 21st, 26th, and 30th at the historic Circular Congregational Church. $28 for adults, $16 for students and children 12 & under are FREE!
- Holiday Festival of Lights in James Island - Enjoy a three-mile ride through over 2 million shimmering lights in this well-beloved tradition, now in its 29th year. Then park the car for family-friendly events such as marshmallow roasting and mini train rides. November 9th, 2018 - January 1st, 2019 at the James Island County Park. $20 per vehicle for up to 15 guests.
- Celebrate the Season - Come out to this family-friendly holiday event to celebrate the Christmas season, proudly sponsored by Home Telecom. Ride through dozens of spectacular light displays for only $5 per car then enjoy a Holiday Fair, full of fun activities including a chance to visit Santa! Holiday Lights Driving Tour will be open daily from November 23 - December 30th (6-9: 00 pm) at the Santee Cooper Headquarters. The Holiday Fair will run on Fridays and Saturdays in December (6-9: 30 pm) until Christmas at the Moncks Corner Regional Recreation Complex.