Charleston is bustling with sightseeing opportunities and with summer just around the corner, now is the time to mark your calendars. Whether you’re looking to soak in the sun’s rays on one of Charleston’s pristine beaches or kick back with friends for a night on the town, we have something for you!
- Spoleto Festival USA – This 17-day festival fills the churches, historic theaters and outdoors with performances in theater, opera, dance, and choral, chamber, symphonic and jazz music. This internationally recognized event is one of America’s premier art festivals. May 24-June 9
- Lowcountry Splash – Participate in a 2.4 or 5-mile open-water swim in Charleston Harbor and the Wando River. All proceeds benefit the Logan Rutledge Children’s Foundation. Advance registration required. June 1
- Charleston Duck Race – This evening event partners with the “Sounds of Summer” concert series on Daniel Island and includes games, face painters, jump castles, food vendors and live music. Sponsored by area nonprofits and the Rotary, residents can see if their rubber duck crosses the finish line first and be eligible to win cash prizes, up to $10,000! June 1; Lake at Smythe Park on Daniel Island
- Shaggin’ on the Cooper – Charleston County Parks hosts the popular Shaggin’ on the Cooper music series, which features The Coppertones. The event is held on the 1,250-foot pier, located next to Memorial Waterfront Park, which affords beautiful views of the Ravenel Bridge and Charleston Harbor. June 15, 7 PM; Mount Pleasant Pier
- Charleston Carifest – Celebrating Caribbean American Heritage Month, experience this premiere Caribbean festival. This year focuses on the British and American Virgin Islands. This 4-day event includes street parades, music, food and performers. June 20-23
- Charleston RumFest – Experience Charleston’s local culture, while partaking in tastings from 20 distilleries and eating delicious bites created by local chefs. The event includes a DJ, costume costumes and more! June 22, 7-11 PM; Memminger Auditorium, 56 Beaufain Street
- Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons – The iconic Frankie Valli, lead singer of the 1960s Four Seasons, will be performing at the Charleston Gaillard Center. Book your tickets early! June 29, 7:30 PM; Charleston Gaillard Center, 95 Calhoun Street
Summer marks the beginning of fresh produce and farmers market excursions, and Charleston has several prominent ones to check out.
- Charleston Farmers Market – Located in historic downtown Charleston, the iconic Charleston Farmers Market is a must-see experience. Open April 13-November 30, 8 AM-2 PM.
- Moncks Corner Farmers Market – Located in the Market Pavilion at the Regional Recreation Complex , this local farmers market features food trucks, local farmers and artisans. Thursdays, April-December, 8 AM-1 PM
- Summerville Farmers Market – Located behind Town Hall in historic downtown Charleston, this delightful farmers market features food trucks, live music, local farmers and artisans. Saturdays, April-November, 3PM-7 PM
- West Ashley Farmers Market – Every Wednesday at Ackerman Park, experience Charleston’s fresh produce, local market, made-to-order food, live music and free kids activities. Wednesdays, April-October, 3-7 PM; Ackerman Park, 55 Sycamore Avenue