We’ve covered Home Telecom’s HomeStream TV features, and now we’re going to delve even deeper into helpful tips and tricks for HomeStream TV.
First App to Appear
Did you know that you can set HomeStream TV to be the first app you see when you turn on your device? To set this feature up, follow these helpful tips:
- From your FireTV Stick Home Screen, scroll over to the icon that looks like 3 boxes with a plus sign (+). This will bring up all the apps you’ve downloaded
- Hover over the HomeStream TV App
- Click the 3 bars on the remote (Guide/Menu button)
- Select “move to front”
Now your HomeStream TV app will appear in the top bar, making it easier to access.
Clear Cache on Apps
Quickly clear your cache on certain apps by following these steps:
- On the Fire Stick home page, go to “Settings”
- Select “Applications”
- Select “Manage Installed Applications”
- Select whatever installed applications that you would like to clear the cache
Try clearing the cache whenever you run into loading and formatting issues on specific sites or applications.
Extend Recording Time
Easily extend the recording time for games or other live programs by following these steps:
- From the HomeStream Menu, click “Home”
- Scroll down to “Recordings” and select the program/series you’d like to extend
- Select “Manage Recording”
- Click “Recording Options”
- Scroll down to the “No” next to Extra Time and select it
- You’ll have the option to extend your series recordings by 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes
- If you are extending a single recording or sporting event, scroll to the far right and select “Extend” while looking at the event within the Guide
- Extend the show by 5, 10, 30 or 60 minutes
When you extend the recording time, you can ensure that you don’t miss a moment of any overtime game action or preview the upcoming show for a series.
Quickly replay a show or start it from the beginning.
- Click the 3 bars button on the remote and select Guide
- Within the guide, press the button to the left twice
- Click the show or program you would like to replay
- Select “Play,” which will start the show from the beginning
Quickly filter the guide to show only news, movies, sports or kids’ shows.
- Click the 3 bar button on the remote and select Guide
- From the guide, press the button to the left
- Select “Filter”
- From here, you can filter the guide by Sports, News, Movies, and Kids’ shows
Add Audio and Subtitles
Add audio and subtitles to any movie with the click of a button.
- On the remote, click the center button (“Select”) in the directional navigation
- Press down and select audio/subtitles to turn them on or off
Voice Control Search Function
If you’re a big fan of voice control on your smartphone device, check out this handy HomeStream feature.
- Go to the main HomeStream screen
- Scroll over to the magnifying glass on the far right, enabling you to use the voice control search function
Quickly manage your recordings anywhere by downloading the HomeStream TV app. You can watch select network recordings on the go while you’re away from home or traveling this holiday season.
You can use HomeTV2Go with your Home Telecom video subscription to watch live shows that you forgot to record. Learn more by heading over to HomeTV2Go.